“We have open end service architecture which has answers to all your queries”
- What makes Four Seasons OLC unique? The uniqueness of Four Seasons OLC is purely from the customer perspective. We have the expertise and experience to understand every need of the customer and them in the way you need them. For example you can consider our approach. Right from the stage of excavation to the stage of surface finishing, we conform to your requirements. At the same time we incorporate the ASTM and EPA standards in the architecture, safety, long life and aesthetic features. At the same time we ensure cost effectiveness to you in all the aspects.
- Why should I choose Four Seasons OLC? There are many reasons for you to choose Four Seasons OLC. The primary criterion is the dual benefit of high end design at low costs. You will be able to literally compare our product, material, service and miscellaneous costs with our competitors in the market. You will be able to assess and evaluate your own profitability not only for today but for many decades into the future. You have always wanted to have the combination of latest designs and patterns into your pavers at affordable costs. At the same time you might wish to retain many of the classical features from your existing structure. This kind of requirement is felt when your home is made of classical architecture. In such instances we will be able to create fusion designs to satisfy your requirements. Some of the most important factors which make you choose Four Seasons OLC can be listed here.
Just in time service
Modern design and style
Adaptability to your building and pool architecture
Flexible options for material selection
Best safety and protection features
ASTM and EPA conformance
Balanced approach to Quantity and quality
Performance under all climatic conditions
Swelling and damage proof structures
Highest degree of precision on sloping
Top quality interlocking features
Accurate Pre installation analysis
- How do you select the Four Seasons OLC paver materials? We have a close network of manufacturing, processing, fabricating, warehousing, transporting and delivery systems. We choose the materials based on their tensile strength, flexibility, load bearing capacity, load distribution properties, stress absorption and transfer ratio and other engineering properties. The selection of materials also depends on the color absorbing and retaining ratio, composition, climatic resistance and other parameters.
- Can the paving stones be laid on top of my current driveway? Unlike other driveway resurface companies; Four Seasons OLC does not lay driveway pavers on top of existing concrete or asphalt. Our highly trained driveway paving stone installers remove the existing driveway surface to create the ideal foundation for your pavers.
- How much does the estimate cost? At Four Seasons OLC we have a policy of keeping our costs at the practically most economic levels. We will be able to give you an accurate estimation after visiting your pavement layout location and conducting an analysis.
- What holds it stable around the edges? A concrete edge beam is installed around the edges of your patio, deck or driveway to protect the interlocking pavers from lateral movement.
- Can you drive heavy vehicles over driveway paving stones? Absolutely! Our driveway pavers are designed to withstand the heavy wear and tear of RVs, motor homes, buses and more.
- Are there gaps between the stones or will it be level enough to play/ride/skate/walk on with high heels? Our interlocking pavers are always installed to be as level as possible. However, feel free to tell your representative of any specific concerns you may have. The more information you give us, the easier it will be for us to make the appropriate recommendation.
- How long do I have to wait to drive/walk on my interlocking paving stones after they’re installed? That’s the best part, there’s no down time required! You can walk and drive on your interlocking pavers right away.
- Do driveway pavers get icy in colder climates? Concrete pavers resist deterioration from freezing and thawing cycles better than asphalt and ordinary poured in place concrete. De-icing products, such as calcium chloride or salt, will not harm the pavers either, making them a great choice for cold climates. Electric or liquid snow melting systems work well under concrete pavers, eliminating snow removal while reducing slip hazards. Darker colored pavers can also aid in accelerating the melting process.
- Is it easy to plow snow on driveway pavers? Snow can be plowed, blown or shoveled just like asphalt or concrete pavements- quickly and easily. The beveled or chamfered edges of pavers prevent plows or shovels from catching on the edge-so they’re nice and smooth for easy snow clearing!
- What do you do about drainage and root problems when installing my driveway pavers? In the event we find any plumbing or root problems when replacing your driveway, patio or deck with interlocking paving stones, we can install new plumbing or replace broken pipes at an additional cost. In most cases we find that re-grading the area results in better drainage flow.
-Why should I choose Portland Driveways for my outdoor project? There’s a reason, or should we say reasons why Portland Driveways is the leading competitor for grass driveways, driveway paving and concrete flat work in the Portland, Vancouver, West Linn, Lake Oswego Beaverton, Tigard and surrounding metropolitan areas. With many years of experience and dedication to providing outstanding workmanship, our paving experts make sure every client and homeowner has every goal achieved for their outdoor project. In addition to providing excellent work in a timely manner, Portland Driveways has the top customer service in the Northwest crushing all the competition.
-What are the benefits of grass pavers for driveways? There are a number of benefits when it comes to choosing grass pavers for your outdoor project. Not only are grass pavers visually appealing but also provide the homeowner with a unique, different and charming alternative to concrete driveways, walkways, patios and much more. Below Portland Driveways has provided a list of what we believe to be the benefits of grass pavers.
1. Environmentally Friendly A significant advantage of grass pavers is that they allow the storm water run-off to go directly back into the soil and dirt underground reducing water waste. Grass pavers are environmentally friendly because the storm water runoff is recycled and reused, instead of going into our waterways and rivers. Another way grass pavers are environmentally friendly is they can help with the "heat island" effect where the heat from the sunlight is stored in the concrete as well as the asphalt in urban and metropolitan areas, therefore trapping the heat and changing the microclimate of the location.
The majority of living driveways include numerous layers, beginning with a compressed sandy surface area to keep quality, followed by a support framework (generally a plastic honeycomb grid) loaded with sandy loam (which is also used in gardening), this gives support to the root system as well as preserving a strong surface area to drive on.
2. Assists With Drainage Are you having trouble with the drainage in your driveway?
Then grass pavers are the perfect solution for you. Living in the Northwest we are already accustomed to the rain, but flooding can be a big problem as well. Grass paving helps tremendously, especially after heavy rainfall allowing the water to drain and soak down through the dirt, instead of sitting on top a concrete surface area. The awesome thing about this is that it will also help the ground of your surrounding vegetation, as water is recycled back into the soil, restarting the natural flow of the environmental system. Grass paving allows absorption of runoff, which re-energizes the earth’s natural filtering system made of water bearing rock, and naturally cleans the water before it reaches oceans, lakes and rivers, boosting water quality, it also lowers the demand for huge storm drains and channels needed to reduce risks from flooding.
3. Visually Appealing If you are tired of the same simple design everyone in your neighborhood has, then grass pavers are the best choice for your driveway. Not only are they environmentally friendly, helping with storm water runoff, they reduce the "heat island" effect, supporting water storage and are a classic and stylish addition to your home. Other than weeding and fertilizing here and there, grass paving doesn’t need very much maintenance, unlike other concrete paving. At Portland Driveways our paving experts suggest that homeowners treat their grass pavers like a part of their garden instead of a part of the road. Concrete and Paving Driveway FAQ section
-What happens if the color comes out differently from what I expected? We have to understand that it’s unrealistic for your driveway contractor to closely match the color of your driveway to a sample given, a friends concrete driveway, or a photo from a concrete brochure, the majority of concrete will show natural color variations, usually if the driveway project needs multiple loads, or if the concrete is made and placed on different days. Typically variations of color will fade over time and will become more even.
-Will my paved surfaces move or shift over time, how do I minimize movement? You will always have some movement with your installed pavers, however you can minimize moving by firmly installing the pavers and installing what we call “edge restraint,” such as metal or concrete.
-What’s the easiest way to install pavers? Here is the common paving installation procedure to follow: Make sure the area is cleared of debris and hazardous material. Start to prepare the sand bedding and base material, you will then carefully lay down each paver for your desired theme or patterns. After you do that you will then lay down sand over the paver joints to fill them in nicely before applying the sealant.
-What If I’m on a budget, should I choose from concrete paving stones or brick? When it comes to cost concrete paving stones should be your pick of choice, brick pavers will typically cost as much as double the cost of concrete pavers.
-I have finished laying down the paving stones and my driveway is complete. Do I have to wait for some time before I can finally use it? Not at all. Paving stone driveways can be used right after you’ve finished installation.
-Where exactly can I use various paving stone materials? Paving stones (both natural stones and concrete paving stones) are highly versatile paving solutions that you can use in your driveway, pool deck, garden steps, jogging paths, patio, walkways and many other areas.
-How do I remove efflorescence? To remove the whitish haze that’s also known as efflorescence, you can simply find a special cleaning product that can be applied over your paved surfaces (ask your contractor).
-How do I prevent weeds growing through my pavers? You must always make sure the paving joints are filled with sand, the next step is making sure the joints are sealed with a high quality product.
-The pavers I have are stained, how do I clean them? You can find a lot of great cleaning products that you can easily apply yourself. Some of these products remove stubborn grime, dust, rust, moss, algae, oil, and other marks.
-How do you remove snow from your concrete pavers? To properly remove snow from your pavers just use a rubber edged snow plow instead of abrasive sharp edged tools.